Charitable Advisors is a for-profit Indianapolis-based company. Its mission is to support nonprofit board and staff leadership to increase the capacity of their organizations to respond to the needs of their constituencies and communities.
It does this through consulting services that include working with individual nonprofit organizations and groups in board development, strategic planning, organizational assessment and executive transition. Charitable Advisors weekly publishes a free e-newsletter that shares both national and local news and trends and advertises nonprofit jobs.
Bryan Orander is president of Charitable Advisors and publisher of the Not-for-profit News. He started Charitable Advisors in 2000 after more than 20 years of experience in leadership, management and consulting.
- Bryan's Biography
- Focusing exclusively on not-for-profits in Executive Transition, Assessment and Strategic Planning, and Board Development
- Past twelve years as President of Charitable Advisors LLC
- Three years as Manager of Nonprofit Consulting Services for Olive LLP (now BKD) supporting a client base of 600 nonprofits in Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois.
- From 1991 to 1997, led the vocational, then revenue diversification efforts at Noble of Indiana as Director of Business Enterprises, then Business Development.
- Prior to joining Noble in 1991, spent 12 years with Unisys Corporation (Formerly Burroughs Corp.) in planning, marketing, logistics, and finance.
- Over 20 years of direct leadership, management, and supervisory responsibility for staffs as large as 60, including multiple-site and multiple-state. Fortune 50, not-for-profit, and consulting partnership.
- Fifteen + years of (full-time) experience consulting with nonprofit organizations, independently and as a project leader of a team of consultants.
- BS, Finance, Ball State University, BoardSource Certified Governance Trainer (2012)
- MBA, Butler University
- CFP, College of Financial Planning, Denver
- Indiana University School of Philanthropy, The Fund Raising School
- BoardSource – Board and CEO Assessment, Board Dev “Train the Trainer”
- Executive Transition Mgmt – TransitionGuides/CompassPoint/Annie E Casey
- Board Member, Lacy Leadership Association
- Co-founder/Steering Committee for annual “Get on Board” event
- Advisory Board – Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network
- Agency Assessment Volunteer – United Way of Central Indiana
- Past Instructor—Indiana Academy of Nonprofit Excellence
- Judge – 2001 Indiana Nonprofit Achievement Awards
- Judge – 2004, 2005, 2007 BKD Nonprofit Excellence Awards
- 2002 Institute for Organizational Effectiveness Assessment Consultant
- Publisher, Weekly Indpls Not-for-profit News e-newsletter – circulation 16,000+
- Author of Welcome to the Board, Finance for Every Board Member, Fund Raising for Every Board Member, and Planning for Every Board Member
- Developer of CA Board Self-Assessment at www.CharitableAdvisors.com
- Publisher of the 2010 and 2012 Central Indiana Nonprofit Salary Surveys