Strengthen Your Fundraising or Board Governance
Online board assessment: An easy way to evaluate and act
Too often, boards of directors focus on the issues of the moment with limited time for reflection. Funders and donors, in addition to the people served by your organization, expect board leadership to regularly examine and enhance the way the board works. An effective board is transparent and self-aware and a critical component in the long-term impact and financial sustainability of your organization.
Charitable Advisors’ board self-assessment process is designed to make it quick and easy to evaluate your board’s effectiveness, while also creating a positive-learning experience. Past participants have typically spent 4-6 weeks from the start of the process to the final report debriefing conducted with your Board Development or Executive Committee. The $750 fee includes the online survey plus a local, on-site debrief includes:
- Access to the survey, and a local, in-person debriefing session with a Charitable Advisors board consultant
- Objective, external administration, which takes responsibility off your board members and increases confidentiality
- Provides a forum to highlight priorities and potential problems, so together you can develop a plan of action
- If desired, contrast the ED/CEO perspective with the board’s overall perspective to further discussion and communications
The health of a nonprofit’s board is often analogous to a rollercoaster with highs and lows. If you have concerns whether the Board Survey Report is the right tool for you, contact Charitable Advisors president Bryan Orander, BoardSource© Certified Governance Trainer at Bryan@charitableadvisors.com or 317-752-7153.
The Fundraising Report Card
What trends do you see in your fundraising? Where is the greatest return for your efforts?
Adopting a data-, metrics- and growth-mindset, the Fundraising Report Card is easy to use. It is a simple fundraising analytics platform designed to aid nonprofit organizations to measure their fundraising campaigns’ effectiveness, gain insights into constituent data, and efficiently raise more money. Its compelling charts help staff make sense of the organization’s data, spot trends and make decisions that improve your fundraising efforts by allowing easy comparisons of the effectiveness of fundraising activities or donor segments.
“I can share more about the data, metrics, growth mindset solution via the Fundraising Report Card to take my organization to the next level.” ~ Major Gift Officer at local hospital
Mapping donations and analyzing key aspects of your organization’s fundraising history can help your organization develop a plan of action that is data informed. The resulting action plan allows for unique engagement solicitations for select donor cohorts.
If you are currently raising at least $100,000/year from individual donors and have been tracking donations in a system of some kind, we can take your anonymized donor information and turn it into a treasure trove of actionable information.
This service is a perfect investment to launch 2020’s efforts. All you need is your updated 2019 giving records. Our $2,500 fee includes:
- Work session with development staff and executive leadership, followed by a presentation to your fund development committee or full board.
- Analyze your donor data as far back as 20 years plus two in-person debrief sessions
- Objective, external administration to identify the strengths and opportunities in your current efforts
Each organization is unique. If you have concerns whether the Fundraising Report Card will provide the mapping data to spur donor raising efforts, contact Charitable Advisors’ fundraising consultant T.J. McGovern at TJ@charitableadvisors.com or 317-294-8206.